Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Arguing is Time Wasted

I just spent about 25 minutes of my time arguing with my dad about religion.  He's confident that he understands the Bible better than I do.  I don't care about that, but it's difficult to know how to approach the situation.  On one hand, I don't want to ignore him.  I don't want to lie and pretend that I believe what he does.  But I also don't want to discuss it with him because there's simply no point.  He doesn't understand the arguments.  I think the best course of action is simply to not talk to my dad about religion.

Aside from that I had a largely productive day.  It was the best lift day in a long time.  I wrote plenty and accomplished a lot having to do with work.  So, all very good.  I even mostly kept my calm talking to my dad and dealing with other frustrations during the day.  Oh, and my dad was the only person I argued with, and believe me - I saw a lot of nonsense online today.  The crazy is boiling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment