Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Nonsense is Shiny

While I didn't work quite as diligently as I might have today, being tired and waking late, I accomplished quite a bit.  I wrote more than one essay, which is always a good accomplishment.  I even edited them.  I didn't waste time arguing with people on Facebook - and avoided reading too much nonsense too.  I only hope that I can build on that habit.  God knows that'll be difficult.  The nonsense is shiny.

By remaining both calm and persistent, I helped my wife achieve her goals without being too much of a jerk about it.  I also managed to make time for an old friend.  The whole family got to go along and I think everyone had fun.

All in all, today was a good day.  I'm grateful for my ability to be attentive to the things I wanted to do.  I don't think that this attitude is the pinnacle of Stoicism.  I'd like to grow to be the sort of person who can be grateful when I do my best and the shit hits the fan anyway.  I'm not there.  Still, in a way, I'd like to think that being okay with where I am in part of being Stoic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment