Monday, January 9, 2017

Evening Reflection 9 January 2017: Wasting my time

The dishes could be done.  The floor could be swept, but I'm sitting here reading Facebook comments about politics.  My feelings are just as passionate as anyone else's, I think.  I'm better read than most people, but it doesn't usually matter.  I know that almost anything I type just goes into the void.  I feel like I might be able to inform people, but that's not how the world works any more.  There are better uses of my time.  It's one thing to say that, but quite another to act on it.

I should be somewhat grateful.  I didn't eat too much today.  I stuck with an adapted version of the Army Diet as found on the internet.  I've lost a few pounds doing this since New Years.  I hope to keep it up, not only because it's helping me lose weight, but because it's teaching me about portion sizes.  I think that's the most important thing.  I am innately unconcerned with how much food I eat.  It's incredibly unhealthy.

I should go to bed in an hour or so.  I suppose that I'd do well to try to accomplish another task or two before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment