Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Evening 11 January 2017

It's been a long day and a fun one too.  Even though I was rather tired this morning I did get my morning workout in.  I got an unexpected message from a friend letting me know that he'd be in town for two days and needed a place to crash.  He's moving to DC, but wasn't expecting to show up for a few more day - the weather forecast led him to rush his arrival.  So after work, I spent several hours working alongside my wife and son to prepare the house.  During my breaks, I got a fair bit of writing done too.  When my friend arrived, we ate a quick dinner and walked in the light rain.  I showed him the Washington Memorial and Capitol buildings from a distance, as well as another building of interest.  We went back to the house for a little while, and then headed back out again, parking at Parking Area A and walking what I've come to call "the loop."

In other words, I worked hard today.  I had fun today.  I didn't spent time arguing with people online.  If I had to live today over again, I'd be proud to live it more or less exactly as I have.

I suppose it will be helpful to look for at least one or two faults.  I drink coffee too late in the day.  It's not good for my sleep and I know it.  I'd probably do better to drink a cup or two less of coffee as well.  I also talk negatively about people more than I ought.  I'm not a gossip, but I'm more critical than I need to be.  There are better things to focus on, better ways to spend my energy.  When I'm having a great day and get really excited, it can turn into a kind of mania.  I enjoy this feeling, but I should try to relax a bit.  I find that if I embrace the feeling too much it can keep me from sleeping well, which leads to poor work performance and irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment